Would you like to have permanent residence in Canada? The Canada PR process requires determining your eligibility for permanent residence, meeting requirements, and completing the PR application. In Canada, a permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada, but is not a Canadian citizen.
As a permanent resident, you have:
- Right to receive social benefits that Canadian citizens receive
- Right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.
- Right to apply for Canadian citizenship after a certain period.
- Protection under Canadian law and Charter of Rights and Freedom.
- To pay taxes, and respect the laws at the federal, provincial and municipal levels.