Email: info@wiserimmigration.com

Book A Consultation

Germany Family Visa 

Germany Family VisaIf a national of the European Union, the European Economic Area or the European Free Trade Association wished to join their family members, spouse or relative in Germany, all they have to do is to be able to maintain themselves financially strong. They can work without the need to obtain a work permit or a residence permit.

On the other hand, third-country nationals will have to obtain a Family Reunion visa, which is a long-stay visa that can later be extended to a residence permit. And, to make the process simple and, easy visa counsellors of Wiser immigration are here to help you.

Who Can Apply For German Family Reunion Visa?

In order for one to be able to obtain the National Family Reunion Visa, whether a marriage visa, fiance visa, spouse visa or for other family members, he or she must be a relative of the resident in Germany, as well as to fulfill some other eligibility criteria. Whereas the main criterion for the German resident is that, he or she must be able to sponsor their third-world country relative financially.

Family Members That Can Apply To Join Their Family Member In Germany

Spouse (Husband/Wife), Registered Partner

Children Of A Third-Country Nationals In Germany

A parent (or both parents) residing in Germany are permitted to apply to bring their children to live with them in Germany. However, the requirements for such a visa may change depending on the age of the children.

Minor Children: If both parents reside in Germany, then they can apply to bring their child over. On the other hand, a single parent is permitted to bring their minor child in Germany if he or she has the sole right of care and custody of the child. In case the parents share the right of care and custody of the child and only one of them resides in Germany, then the third-country resident parent must grant to the German resident the right of custody in order for him or her to be able to apply for a German Family Reunification visa.

Adult Children: A parent can apply to bring their adult child over, only if ‘unavoidable hardship’ will be prevented as a result. The child must not be married to be eligible for a Family Reunion Visa. However, that does not mean that she/he cannot apply for another kind of visa as, German visitor/tourist visa, student visa to study at a German educational institution, employment visa to work in Germany or other German visas.

Parents Of Legal Resident In Germany

Parent of minor children legally residing in Germany can apply to join their child if they possess the right to care and custody of the child. Third-country nationals living in Germany can apply to bring their parents to live with them to prevent some particular hardship.

Other Relatives Of A Foreigner Residing In Germany

Other family members can also apply to join their relative: if you have siblings in Germany, either brother or sister, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, grandparent, or cousins you can apply to join them. Usually, these visas are harder to obtain and are typically issued mostly to prevent some hardship.

You may need additional document depending on for which purpose you are applying, be it spouse, parent or child visa.

How To Apply For A German Family Reunion Visa

Once you have all the documents in your hands, appoint a meeting at Wiser Immigration or consulate. Our team of visa counsellors will be always there to assist you throughout the process.

Get Family Reunion Visa To Join Family & Relative In Germany!

Book A Consultation

1 Step 1